> Home > Policy information > Security requirements > Home or studio
Requirements for your home or studio
Equipment with a value totalling under £15,000 are covered with standard window and door locks and do not require any particular additional security.
For equipment over £15,000
- External doors - 5 lever mortice deadlock or 5 lever padlock minimum
- Windows - key operated locks fitted to all accessible windows.
For equipment over £25,000
- In addition to the requirements above, a Nacoss approved alarm must also be used.
For equipment over £30,000
In addition to the requirements above, we require:
- A Nacoss approved alarm must be fitted and maintained by a Nacoss approved installer
- The alarm must be connected by Redcare or equivalent to a police station or alarm receiving station
Requirements when out and about
Requirements when on the road
The information displayed is for guidance only and no contract or contract term is implied - only the policy wording can be taken as a binding contract.